The eight step Pulao before a trip
2) Remember the 101 things you have to do, especially clearing the fridge/ freezer
3) Go through your packing list as you chop fenugreek
4) Hesitate at #4, rummage through neatly packed bag, make a mess, repack
5) Pick up half used packets of corn and paneer from freezer
6) Look at fridge wistfully since your husband will be turning it into a science experiment soon
7) Make a pulao to use up everything and pretend that was the 'recipe' all along
8) Close blog before you miss the flight
1 cup cooked basmati rice
1 bunch of fenugreek, washed and chopped
a handful of corn
5-6 paneer cubes (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 medium size onion, sliced
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Roast lightly and powder - (more about this mix here)
1" piece of cinnamon
3-4 green cardamoms
Heat ghee/ oil in a pan. Add paneer cubes and fry till lightly browned. Remove and keep aside. Add bay leaf, then sliced onion and chillies. Saute till it turns translucent.
Next add ginger garlic paste and mix well. Toss in fenugreek and corn and season to taste. Cook until just done. Add cooked rice. Sprinkle spice powder evenly on top and mix well. Top with paneer cubes. Serve hot with a raita.
So dear reader, see you in three weeks.